Get Out the Vote

Candidate Questionnaire

As a service to our members, Tri-Cities businesses and residents, the Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce has created a Candidate Questionnaire. All candidates for contested City Council races in Kennewick, Pasco, Richland, and West Richland were given the opportunity to participate.

Our questionnaire is designed to learn about City Council candidate‚Äôs positions on various issues, and inform our members.  The Tri-City Regional Chamber is not endorsing candidates, the questionnaires are simply a tool to increase awareness of the election process and the opinions of candidates.



  • Tom Larson (Candidate Questionnaire Not Submitted)
  • Stu Nelson (Candidate Questionnaire Not Submitted)


W. Richland

  • Brent Gerry (Candidate Questionnaire Not Submitted)
  • Merle Johnson (Candidate Questionnaire Not Submitted)
  • Jay Bowman (Candidate Questionnaire Not Submitted)
  • Johan Curtiss (Candidate Questionnaire Not Submitted)

Registering to Vote in Washington State

Voter Qualifications

To register to vote in the state of Washington, you must be:

  • A citizen of the United States
  • A legal resident of Washington state
  • At least 18 years old by election day

Registration Deadlines

In general, you must register at least 30 days in advance of an election to be eligible to vote in that election. It is especially important to remember this deadline if you are registering by mail - your application must be postmarked by the 30-day cutoff or it will not become effective until after the election.

If you miss the 30-day deadline, you can still sign up in time for the election - but you must register in person at your county elections department no later than 15 days before the election. Contact your county auditor or elections department for assistance and information.

How to Register

Washington citizens have access to several convenient methods of signing up to vote, including registration by mail and "Motor Voter" registration.

You can now use your computer to fill out and print the Mail-in Voter Registration Form. If you would like to have a voter registration application sent to you, simply fill out an online request form. (Please note that they are not able to e-mail registration forms). Voter registration forms are also available from your county auditor or elections department as well as many public libraries, schools and other government offices.

"Motor Voter" registration is offered when you renew or apply for your driver's license. In most instances, a motor voter registration takes less than a minute to complete.

Change of Residence

If you move to a new county, you must complete a new voter registration.

If you move within the same county, you do not need to re-register, but you must request a transfer of your registration. This can be done by calling or writing your county elections department, or by using a mail-in voter registration form.

NOTE: You must re-register or transfer your registration at least 30 days before the election to be eligible to vote in your new precinct.

More Voter Information

Voting by Absentee Ballot
Voting and Voter Services (Office of the Washington Secretary of State)
Voting Rights for the Elderly and Disabled